- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
Bartenders have been infusing whiskey and bourbon with bacon for years. Anthony Schmidt and his mentor, Sam Ross, have taken to combining the meat with Angostura bitters. Schmidt thinks that the bacon-infused bitters add a “controlled complexity” to this Old-Fashioned without making it too salty or “hammy.”
- 1 brown sugar cube
- 3 to 4 dashes of Baco-Stura bitters (See Note)
- 1 teaspoon chilled club soda
- 1 ounce bonded rye whiskey
- 1 ounce Laird’s bonded apple brandy
- 1 orange twist, flamed, for garnish
- In a chilled rocks glass, combine the sugar cube, Baco-Stura bitters and club soda and muddle to a paste. Add ice and the whiskey and brandy and stir well. Garnish the drink with the flamed orange twist.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.