© Christina Holmes
Amante Picante Margarita
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8
Mixologists are still reacting against too-sweet drinks. This spicy margarita combines three savory ingredients: jalapeño, cilantro and cucumber.
Slideshow: More Recipes for Margaritas
- 1/2 large seedless English cucumber, thinly sliced, plus 8 slices for garnish
- 1/2 medium jalapeño, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 18 ounces silver tequila
- 8 ounces fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces light agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery bitters (optional)
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/4 cup kosher salt mixed with 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- In a pitcher, muddle the 1/2 sliced cucumber with the jalapeño and 1/4 cup of cilantro. Add the tequila, lime juice, agave and bitters and stir well. Refrigerate until chilled, 1 hour.
- Moisten the rim of 8 rocks glasses with the lime wedge and coat with the lime salt. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Working in batches and adding fresh ice, shake the cocktail and strain into the glasses. Garnish with cucumber and cilantro.