- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 5 CUPS
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces slab bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium green cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds)halved, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Melt the butter in an enameled cast-iron casserole. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until just softened, 2 minutes. Add the bacon and cook until golden and the fat is rendered, 4 minutes. Add the cabbage and caraway seeds, cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until tender, 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.