Almond-Tea Milk Shakes
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Because Zak Pelaccio loves bubble teas, Nick Morgenstern, his pastry chef, came up with this sweet, refreshing shake.
More Tasty Snacks
- 1 1/2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup cold brewed black tea
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the almonds in a pie plate and toast for about 8 minutes, or until golden. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the milk, corn syrup and almonds and refrigerate overnight.
- Puree the almond mixture in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve, pressing hard on the almonds; discard the almonds. Transfer the liquid to a roasting pan and freeze, stirring occasionally, until semi-solid, about 3 hours.
- Transfer half of the ice milk to a blender. Add half of the tea and blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into small glasses. Repeat with the remaining ice milk and tea.