- 2 baking potatoes (1 pound)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Cook the potatoes until they are tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes. Drain, peel, then pass the potatoes through a ricer into a medium bowl while they're still hot.
- In a blender, combine the olive oil, almonds, water, garlic and lemon juice and puree until very smooth. Stir the almond mixture into the potatoes until smooth. Season the skordalia with salt and serve warm or at room temperature.
Grilled beef or lamb.