- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup smooth unsalted roasted almond butter
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the sliced almonds in a pie plate and bake for about 8 minutes, until golden. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the almond meal and salt. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer at medium speed, beat the almond butter with the coconut oil, both sugars and the vanilla until well blended, about 1 minute. Beat in the flour mixture and chopped almonds just until combined.
- Scoop 2-tablespoon-size mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart and flatten to a 1/4-inch thickness. Bake the cookies for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
The cookies can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 week.