- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 300° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss the oats with the almonds, flour, brown sugar, poppy seeds and salt. In a small saucepan, melt the butter in the maple syrup, then add to the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly coated. Spread the granola on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the granola in the center of the oven for 10 minutes. Stir the granola, then drizzle the honey over the top. Bake for 20 minutes longer, stirring once more, until golden and nearly dry. Turn off the oven and prop the door open halfway; let the granola cool completely in the oven, stirring occasionally, before serving.
The granola can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
Contributed By Belinda Leong Photo © Christina Holmes