Almond-Poppy Seed Granola
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN plus cooling
- SERVINGS: about 4 cups
Instead of adding dried fruit to her crunchy granola, Belinda Leong creates chewy-sticky clusters of oats, nuts and poppy seeds. She serves the granola with her Greek yogurt panna cotta, but it’s also fabulous with plain yogurt or as a snack by itself.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 300° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss the oats with the almonds, flour, brown sugar, poppy seeds and salt. In a small saucepan, melt the butter in the maple syrup, then add to the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly coated. Spread the granola on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the granola in the center of the oven for 10 minutes. Stir the granola, then drizzle the honey over the top. Bake for 20 minutes longer, stirring once more, until golden and nearly dry. Turn off the oven and prop the door open halfway; let the granola cool completely in the oven, stirring occasionally, before serving.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.