- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Four 5-ounce chicken breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss the almond flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and spread the mixture on a large plate. Dip each chicken cutlet in the egg, letting any excess drip back into the bowl, then coat the chicken with the almond flour.
In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and brown it, turning once, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Add the garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the wine, stock, capers, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper; boil until the sauce is reduced by half. Whisk in the butter until combined, then return the chicken to the skillet and let it gently cook through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the chicken with the parsley and serve.