Almond-Crusted Chicken Wings
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Andy Nusser says these wings, coated with crunchy chopped almonds, are a favorite Casa Mono staff meal. He serves them with a superfast lemon aioli, a mix of store-bought mayonnaise, grated lemon zest and fresh lemon juice.
Fast Hors d'Oeuvres
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 3/4 cup very coarsely chopped natural almonds
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the 1/3 cup of olive oil with the paprika, cumin, cayenne and garlic. Stir in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the wings and almonds and toss. Spread the wings and almonds on a large baking sheet in a single layer and roast for about 25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, combine the mayonnaise with the lemon zest and juice. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and process until smooth; season the aioli with salt and pepper.
- Turn on the broiler and broil the chicken wings, turning once until they are lightly crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the wings and almonds to a platter and serve with the lemon aioli.
Nutty manzanilla sherry.