- Baking spray
- 1 pound blanched almond flour (2 1/4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 pound mixed raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, or pitted fresh cherries
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon rosewater (optional)
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Crème fraîche, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Lightly coat a 9-inch springform cake pan with baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour with the baking powder and salt. Set aside one-third of the berries in a small bowl for garnish.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs with the granulated sugar and rosewater, if using, at medium-high speed until very thick and glossy, about 12 minutes. Fold in the almond flour and the remaining berries in 3 alternating batches, ending with the almond flour, just until blended. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake the cake for about 55 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Unmold the cake and let cool completely.
- Top the cake with the reserved berries and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve with crème fraîche.
The cake can be stored overnight at room temperature. Top with berries just before serving.