© Parker Fitzgerald
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 1 cocktail
In Wisconsin, the locally produced Death’s Door White Whisky is a bartenders’ favorite. Star mixologist Jim Meehan, who went to college in Wisconsin, features it in this delicious strawberry cocktail.
Slideshow: Chefs' Favorite Cocktails
- 2 strawberries, hulled, plus 1 strawberry slice for garnish
- 1 3/4 ounces white (unaged) whiskey, preferably Death’s Door
- 1/2 ounce Aperol
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 2 dashes of aromatic bitters, preferably Bitter Truth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the hulled strawberries. Add the whiskey, Aperol, vermouth, bitters and lemon juice. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with the strawberry slice.