- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups finely chopped alliums, such as onions, shallots, leeks and scallions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- Sliced scallions
How to make this recipe
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Cook the eggs over moderate heat, stirring, until just set, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
Wipe out the skillet and melt the butter in it. Add the alliums and season with salt. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, about 12 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the rice, vinegar and eggs, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until well mixed. Spread the rice evenly in the skillet and cook without stirring until golden and crispy on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir the Sriracha with the mayonnaise. Top the rice with scallions and serve with the Sriracha mayo.