- 1 1/2 ounces smoky single-malt Scotch, such as Islay
- 1 ounce Drambuie (honeyed Scotch-based liqueur)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg white
- 1 ounce bitter lemon soda (See Note)
- 1 whole clove and a tiny pinch of saffron threads, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a cocktail shaker, combine the Scotch, Drambuie, lemon juice and egg white and shake well. Add ice and shake again. Strain into a chilled collins glass. Slowly pour in the lemon soda and garnish with the clove and saffron.
Schweppes and Fever-Tree make high-quality, widely available bitter lemon sodas.