- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
A showstopper, these crisp, smoky potatoes are actually super-easy to make.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pimentón de la Vera or other smoked paprika
- 1 pound new fingerling potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 1 bunch small fresh or dried bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the pimentón.
- Using a sharp paring knife, slice each potato crosswise at 1/8-inch intervals, cutting down but not all the way through the potato. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet. Drizzle with 5 tablespoons of the pimentón oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast the potatoes cut sides up for 20 minutes. Insert one bay leaf into each potato and roast for about 20 minutes longer, until the potatoes are golden, crisp and cooked through. Transfer the potatoes to a platter, discard the bay leaves, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of pimentón oil and serve.