© Antonis Achilleos
A Clockwork Orange
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: about 2 cups
To eke out the most liquid, Brandi Kowalski of The Butcher’s Daughter in New York City presses the smallest ingredients first (by volume), then works her way up to the largest.
Slideshow: Delicious Nonalcoholic Drink Recipes
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger (about 1 ounce)
- 1 small golden beet (about 4 ounces), scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 5 medium carrots (about 12 ounces), cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe (about 1 pound)—seeded, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- Cayenne pepper, for garnish
- In an electric juicer, juice the ginger, beet, carrots and cantaloupe. Sprinkle very lightly with cayenne and serve immediately.