- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and caps cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek, white and tender green parts only, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup drained canned Italian tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup tubetti pasta (1/4 pound)
- 1/2 pound wax beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound baby zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 cup drained canned white beans
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
How to make this recipe
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large casserole. Add the mushrooms, garlic and leek and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until barely softened. Add the stock and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until barely softened, about 4 minutes. Add the wax beans, zucchini and white beans, cover partially and cook until tender. Stir in the peas and basil. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and serve.
One Serving 249 calories, 6.1 gm total fat, 0.8 gm saturated fat, 41 gm carb.