- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, preferably Meyer lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil or parsley
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 jumbo asparagus stalks, peeled
- 6 baby carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas (2 ounces), trimmed
- 4 cups packed assorted baby lettuce leaves or mesclun (3 ounces)
- 4 radishes, julienned
- 2 white mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb—halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Kirby or Japanese cucumber, julienned
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, cut into 2-by-1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup pea sprouts or broccoli sprouts
- 1/4 cup raw cashew halves
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil, chervil and honey and season with salt and pepper.
Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and carrots and cook until the asparagus is bright green and the carrots are barely tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the asparagus and carrots to a platter. Add the sugar snap peas to the saucepan and cook until they turn bright green, about 30 seconds; transfer to the platter. Cut the sugar snap peas into julienne strips. Halve the asparagus stalks lengthwise, then halve the asparagus pieces crosswise.
In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, asparagus, carrots, sugar snap peas, radishes, mushrooms, fennel, cucumber, avocado, sprouts and cashews. Add the vinaigrette and toss well. Serve right away.
The blanched vegetables and vinaigrette can be refrigerated overnight.
One Serving 373 cal, 27 gm fat, 4.1 gm sat fat, 31 gm carb, 10 gm fiber.