Pinterest just revealed its 2016 Pinsights Flavor Report, showcasing the flavors and ingredients that are generating the most buzz among users. Here, the top five unexpected flavor pairings of 2016 and how to try them yourself.
1. Basil and Chickpea
Serve this amazing roasted tomato-basil hummus alongside warm pita, or spread it over flatbread with some toppings for a unique spin on pizza.
- 7 Ways to Have a Pinterest-Worthy Thanksgiving
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- 4 Unusual Spices That Belong in Your Cookies
2. Turmeric and Apple Cider Vinegar
Turmeric is known for having anti-inflammatory properties. Try it with apple cider vinegar for these super-easy, sweet and tangy pickles.
3. Basil and Beet
Edamame adds extra protein to this delicious basil-scented beet salad.
4. Saffron and Honey
5. Coffee Liqueur and Cinnamon
Upgrade a classic White Russian with fragrant cinnamon for the perfect holiday drink.