- Twinkies Now Come in Chocolate
- We Hope You're Ready for the Dragon Frap and the Disney Pink Pegasus Frap, Starbucks' Latest Creations
- Japan's New Rules for Beer Commercials Could Hurt Celebrity Endorsements
- New York City Public Schools May Soon Serve Kosher and Halal Options for Lunch
- Here Is How Much Caffeine It Is Healthy to Drink
- Pregnant Women Believe a Pizza Induces Labor—And They're Lining Up For It
- Watch George Clooney Speed Through the Streets with Kermit the Frog in Search of Coffee
- Google Home Just Rolled Out a Very Useful New Kitchen Feature
- After All That Crowdfunding BrewDog ‘Punks’ Get Chance to Sell Nice Profit
- Australian Rapper Avoids Dinner Bill by Jumping in the Ocean
And that's not the only giveaway being offered today.
If you’re lucky enough to live within walking distance of one of the 600 national Rita’s locations, well...don’t walk. Run.
It’s Rita’s Free Ice Day, which means the Pennsylvania-based frozen custard chain is giving away free Italian ice to celebrate the first day of spring (that’s today: Monday, March 20!). All Rita’s locations will offer the giveaway from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. -- but we suggest you hurry and get there before the inevitable crowd.
And this isn’t Rita’s first rodeo. It's actually the 25th year that the chain has been hosting the annual giveaway, and this year, it’s expected to give away more than one million Italian ices.
To celebrate the milestone anniversary, Rita’s is also hosting a fun social media contest. If you take a photo of yourself on the first day of spring showing “your tongue, your excitement for Rita’s and everything in between” and upload it to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter with the hashtag “#RitasFirstDayofSpring,” you could win free Italian ice for a year.
With 39 flavors offered, that’s a pretty sweet deal.
But that’s not the only giveaway going on today. After your free ice, grab a cone: Dairy Queen’s giving away free scoops all day in an effort to benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. While no donation is required, you’ll be encouraged to give a few dollars to the hospital network, which provides 32 million treatments yearly to children across the United States and Canada.
With ice cream, Italian ice, and a good deed thrown in, what more could you ask for?