- Fancy Brooklyn Condos Come with Rooftop Farmland
- The Surprising Benefits of Eating Super-Spicy Food for Every Single Meal
- How Tiny Insects Are Making Huge Strides in Sustainable Agriculture
- These Are Things You're Overpaying for at Restaurants
- A Champagne Vending Machine Is Coming Soon to New Orleans
- Oreo Will Be Releasing Two New Flavors, But There's a Catch
- Want Free Wendy’s Nuggets for a Year? It’ll Cost You 18 Million Retweets
- Wine Tasting Engages Your Brain More Than Any Other Behavior, Says Neuroscientist
- Exclusive: Tom Colicchio Talks Craft and Hunger on National Geographic Explorer
- Is This the World’s Most Expensive Bar Crawl?
It's the end of the show as we know it.
The last episode in the latest series of The Great British Bake Off airs tonight, and it's the end of an era—and the show, as we know it. With three bakers left in the running—secondary school teacher Candice, 31; Rolls Royce aerospace engineer Andrew, 25; and garden designer Jane, 61—tonight's episode will be the last one aired on the BBC before the series migrates to the UK's Channel 4, short of hosts Mary Berry, Mel Giedroyc, and Sue Perkins. Only Paul Hollywood will transition with the series to its new network.
As expected, social media is in full mourning mode, with dedicated viewers prepped for tonight's teary send-off. "Last Bake Off with Mel and Sue, Mary Berry, the BBC, and most of the population," tweeted @ohmyponds, with an attached photo of last season's winner, Nadiya Hussain, crying.
Candy Kittens, the sweets company founded by McVities digestive biscuits heir (and Made in Chelsea star Jamie Laing) tweeted all the sad emojis: "When you remember that it's the last #GBBO with Mary, Mel & Sue."
And @IAmBacon_ seems to be in full denial mode, tweeting "Today is the end of the Great British Bake Off as we know it," alongside a GIF of Ross Geller sreaming "No!"
We feel ya on this one, UK.
To watch the finale of The Great British Bake Off—the last episode on the BBC—tune in at 8 p.m. GMT (3 p.m. ET) on TV or online (use a VPN If you're abroad).