- Saturated Fat Is Actually Good for You, Says Study
- Experts Say the World's Fish Supply Could Run Dry by 2048
- Men Are More Likely to Pig Out During the Holidays Than Women
- How to Take a Post-election Vacation Like Hillary Clinton
- Trump's Policies Could Severely Impact Food Supply
- Bird Flu Epidemic Hits French Foie Gras Industry
- Now There's a Home Delivery Meal Kit For Breakfast
- Kate Moss Moonlights Working a Food Truck
- Americans Don't Trust What Scientists Say About Genetically Modified Food
- Inside Amazon's New Human-Free Grocery Store
RIP Francis of Cooking With Dog.
Today in sad news, famous dog chef Francis of the YouTube channel Cooking With Dog passed away, at the age of 14, this weekend. For nine years, Francis and his anonymous chef friend have demonstrated popular Japanese recipes and entertained viewers online—OK, to be fair, Francis mostly just sits there quietly while his chef friend does all the work. But he's so cute and poodle-y, his presence lends an atmospheric flair to the otherwise straightforward cooking show.
Over the course of his career, he's appeared in more than 200 episodes as the English-speaking narrator in the series. The channel announced Francis' passing yesterday afternoon on Twitter:
Francis passed away this afternoon. He was 14 years and 9 months old and lived a full, happy life. He was a good friend and will be missed. pic.twitter.com/vCAhCQ7JEv
— Chef & Francis (@cookingwithdog) November 6, 2016
In honor of Francis the cooking poodle, we've rounded up five of the greatest moments in his culinary career. But first, a Francis compilation:
Francis in "How to Make a Bento Lunch Box" (2009)
Francis in "How to Make Custard Pudding" (2011)
Francis in "How to Make Christmas Cake" (2010) - Cute hat!
Francis in "How to Make Yakibuta Ramen Noodles" (2008)
Francis in "How to Make Omurice" (2009)