- New Treatment Straight-Up Cures Food Allergies in Animals
- People Don't Stick with Meal Subscription Services
- The Great British Bake Off Christmas Special Is Happening
- The Great British Bake Off Went Out With a Bang Last Night
- Americans Can’t Stop Eating Jerky
- Millions of Haitians in Need of Food Assistance Following Hurricane Matthew
- Plans to Limit Use of Cancer-Linked Chemical Dropped in U.K.
- How to Build a Pringle Ringle
- The Last Episode of The Great British Bake Off Airs Tonight
- Italian Scientist Claims to Have Invented Performance-Enhancing Gelato
It’s always the good ones.
Listeria is in the headlines. First, 30,000 cases of vegetables were recalled, then Eggo waffles fell victim to listeria concerns and now Blue Bell is recalling its chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. While all these cases are troubling, ice cream hurts the most.
Blue Bell had a massive recall due to a listeria outbreak in 2015, so this is the last thing the company needed. This time, it seems that the potential listeria contamination came from a batch of edible cookie dough produced for Blue Bell by third-party supplier Aspen Hills.
Though no illnesses have been reported, Blue Bell is taking the “better safe than sorry” route. We totally respect that, but it doesn’t make it hurt any less.