- This Gorgeous Home Was Built in a Former Granite Quarry
- This Skincare Line Combines Botany and Books
- Hot New Restaurant Styles
- Ikea's Iconic Frakta Bags Get a Makeover
- European House Music Inspired This Colorful Furniture
- The National Gingerbread House Competition’s Winning Designs Are Absolutely Incredible
- Hey Presto: Alessi Unveils Circus Collection
- These Awesome Lamps Grow Like Mushrooms
- Rice Straw Tatami Isn’t Just for Flooring
- Ireland's Dreamiest Design Shops
The stylish Hudson-based design store opens a West Village location.
This piece originally appeared on Wallpaper.com.
New Yorkers will attest to the lure of the Hudson Valley, not just for its idyllic landscape and bounty of farm fresh produce, but the heritage of its design and craft as well. The town of Hudson, in particular, is a stronghold of locally-honed design, with many artisans and craftspeople adding their own wares to the array of vintage finds that the locale is known for.
Hawkins New York is one of those newcomers. Since setting up almost two years ago, the design label has become a favourite for its collection of home goods and ceramics, as well as an enticing boutique filled with complementary Hudson wares.
This month, Hawkins New York brings its stylish selection to the big city, with the opening of a Manhattan store in the West Village. Featuring mosaic tile floors, glass frontage, white painted exposed brick walls and a lustrous brass counter, the space is filled with Hawkins New York’s elegant, everyday essentials, including geometric vases, paint splattered dinnerware, graphically patterned tea towels by textile designer Alyson Fox, and confetti patterned glassware, that cater to almost every room in the house.
Founders Nicolas Blaine and Paul Denoly say, ‘[This opening in the West Village is] a fantastic move for the brand, as [it] serves as a global platform to showcase Hawkins New York’s mindful, timeless style.’