- The Secret Tool for Perfect Pancakes
- How to Make Instant Christmas Ice Cream
- How to Master Carrots for the Holidays
- Catch Up on All the James Beard-Nominated Mad Genius Tips Videos
- 7 Mad Genius Memorial Day Tips
- 3 Foods You Should Be Shaking Up
- Introducing Dry Brining, an Easier Way to Season Thanksgiving Turkey at Home
- 4 Eggs Benedicts for Mother’s Day
- Just the Excuse You Need to Make Ginger Cocktails
- Giada De Laurentiis Has a Hack to Sweeten Tomatoes in 10 Seconds
Justin Chapple's book, Mad Genius Tips: Over 90 Expert Hacks + 100 Delicious Recipes, is out today. Here are 7 reasons you must have it on your bookshelf.
Hi, I’m Justin Chapple—F&W ’s resident ham and Mad Genius! I’m known for singing show tunes around the office and playing pranks on my unsuspecting coworkers. I also spend much of my time developing and discovering brilliant cooking hacks for my video series, Mad Genius Tips.
But that’s not all: I wrote a cookbook, and it's available now! Mad Genius Tips: Over 90 Expert Hacks + 100 Delicious Recipes is filled with insanely fun cooking hacks that’ll shape the way you cook forever. Plus, for each hack there are recipes that have been rigorously conceived and tested by yours truly.
Here, 7 reasons why you need this book in your life:
1. Bacon weave
You can learn to weave uncooked strips of bacon into a tight lattice, then bake until crisp, so that you get crispy bacon in every bite of your BLT.
2. Learn to chop a dozen eggs in less than 2 minutes
Instead of using a knife, I dice boiled eggs perfectly and quickly by pressing them through a crosshatch baking rack. It’s the easiest and fastest way to egg-salad brilliance.
3. Because pasta pie
The secret to the best baked pasta of your life is your bundt pan. Your stomach will thank you.
4. DIY noodle cups
This hack will change your desk-side lunch forever. All you need is a mason jar and seven ingredients.
5. Foolproof gnocchi
Did you know you can form the easiest gnocchi in history with just a resealable baggie and some kitchen twine? No rolling required.
6. Waffle potatoes
You can give potato pancakes a serious upgrade by waffling them.
7. No-baste turkey for Thanksgiving
With the help of a little cheesecloth, you’ll never baste your bird again.