- Need Supply Co Debuts New Home Department
- These Amazing Plants Are Actually Hand-Painted Clay
- 23 Beautiful Indoor Perennials
- These Retro-Styled Posters Spotlight Extinct Species
- These Ornamental Scent Diffusers Look as Good as They Smell
- A Beautiful Water Bottle You Can Feel Good About
- 5 Places to Use Benjamin Moore’s 2017 Color of the Year
- A Chef's Dream Kitchen
- How Production Designer James Connelly Designed Kitchens for Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party
- This Gorgeous Home Was Built in a Former Granite Quarry
It's a collaboration with Marcel Wanders.
Family-run Italian homeware powerhouse Alessi is renowned for collaborating with designers from Ettore Sottsass to Philippe Starck. Now, they’ve teamed up with quirky Dutchman Marcel Wanders for a boredom-defying circus stunt.
Circus reimagines familiar circus characters as beautifully designed kitchen objects in a palette of red, yellow, black and silver. In Wanders’s hands a mustachioed weightlifter becomes a hefty corkscrew. Candy containers get Big Top lids, and mugs and bowls are covered in harlequin patterns.
Wanders is best known for his knotted chair, a hammock-like seat made rigid with resin. He previously collaborated with Alessi on the Dressed collection, placing decorative motifs in unexpected places on lids, trays and more.
Alessi has also reissued Philippe Starck’s Faitoo collection, vaguely anthropomorphic kitchen implements created in 1996.
Once again, they’ve proven their reputation as an industry ringleader.