Hotel Excelsior Palace
Originally built as the Hotel de la Paix (Hotel of Peace) for Italy’s National Exhibition of 1891, this Art Nouveau landmark is one of Palermo’s oldest hotels. Situated in the commercial center, the hotel is sandwiched between the Giardino Inglese (English Garden) and the Villa Trabia park. Inside, the public spaces retain a turn-of-the-century style with antique furniture and chandeliers, while the 117 guest rooms are more basic, with all-white linens, wooden furniture, and views of the nearby gardens. The hotel also includes extensive conference facilities and dining options, including the upscale Liberty Hall, which serves contemporary Sicilian cuisine.