Cabo del Sol Resorts
- Located in Los Cabos, a twenty-mile coastal corridor at the southern tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, this premier thirty-six-hole golf club lies between the quaint colonial village of San Jose del Cabo and the lively resort town of Cabo San Lucas. The courses offer a spectacular combination of ocean, mountain and desert environments.
- Where to Play:
- Los Cabos boasts 350 sunny days a year, low humidity and a cool sea breeze. Conditions are especially good November through May.
- When to Go:
- The Ocean course, arguably Latin America's best, has seven holes along the Sea of Cortez. It is designer Jack Nicklaus's version of Pebble Beach, from figure-eight routing to dramatic seaside finish. Play it as often as you can. Also try the Desert course, which will debut five new holes in October after revisions by its original designer, Tom Weiskopf.
- Where to Stay:
- Esperanza, a deluxe fifty-six-suite property spread across a bluff above a pair of sparkling coves.
- Don't Miss:
- Nick-San, a Japanese restaurant in Cabo San Lucas owned by a Mexican fisherman ... World-class deep-sea fishing for marlin, tuna, dorado and wahoo ... Wines produced in Baja California Norte, particularly the whites ... A boat tour of Los Arcos (the Arches), where the continent expires at land's end.
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.