- Artist Francesca Pasquali Turns Drinking Straws Into Textured Visions
- Halloween Candy Prices Are On the Rise for a Surprising Reason
- BBC Developing a British Bake Off-Like Cooking Show
- Worldwide Wine Production Drops to Lowest Amount in Decades
- Iceland Has More American Tourists Than Citizens
- What It's Like To Cook at the White House
- There's Now Proof That Eating Cheese Makes Wine Taste Better
- Facebook Users Can Now Order Food Through Pages
- Why Miracle Mop Inventor Joy Mangano Opened a Restaurant
- Genetics Might be to Blame for Fussy Eating
This piece originally appeared on TravelandLeisure.com.
Not going to make it to Rio this year to see the Olympic Games? Here's the second best thing: watching the event from the home of a retired Olympian.
Nastia Liukin, a five-time Olympic medalist, is not competing, but she is headed to Rio to be a gymnastics commentator. While she’s out of town, Liukin is listing her outrageous Boston Harbor home on Airbnb.
The spacious one-bedroom pad boasts views of downtown, and the building is equipped with a fitness center, pool, and a movie room. In the living room, you’ll find a cozy sectional and a flat-screen TV perfect for watching the Olympics.
Liukin’s apartment is available starting August 8, and there’s a four-night minimum stay. At $1,250 a night, it would probably still be cheaper to score a last-minute flight to Rio and tickets to a few events.
However, all money spent on this Boston listing will be donated to the Corey Griffin Foundation, which provides healthcare and education to families in need.
Melanie Lieberman is the Assistant Digital Editor at Travel + Leisure. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @melanietaryn.