Serena Williams Got Sick Eating Dog Food

By Mike Pomranz |
Serena Williams, Tennis

© Quinn Rooney/Getty Images

As one of the greatest tennis players of all time, you can’t question Serena Williams’ judgement on the court; her judgement in her hotel room is looking pretty suspect, however, after she openly admitted to the world that she got sick after eating food intended for her dog.

Related: WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE HEALTHY HOMEMADE DOG TREATS

To be fair, this wasn’t just any dog food. While competing in Italy, the super-rich tennis star was staying at the Rome Cavalieri, a hotel so upmarket it even offers room service for dogs. Serena, who was traveling with her Yorkshire Terrier, decided to splurge and get him a couple items from the “Doggy Menu” (as the hotel calls it) over the course of her stay – including an 18 euro (that’s over 20 bucks) entrée of Beef and Chicken with Vegetables and a 15 euro Salmon and Rice.

Related: FINALLY, A FOOD TRUCK FOR DOGS

She documented the whole thing on Snapchat, and as Williams explained, when her dog’s first meal arrived, she was super impressed: “I was like, ‘That looks so good.’ It was like fresh greens and boiled chicken and beef, and it was seared tenderly and it was just perfection. And I was like, ‘That looks like the best food— It looks better than my food!’”

She was equally impressed the next day when the Salmon and Rice arrived so – as you can probably guess where this is going – she decided to give it a try. In her defense, she Snapchatted an actual shot of the food and, indeed, it looks perfectly palatable. Unfortunately, her body told her otherwise. Two hours after trying a “spoonful,” she admits, “I just ran to the toilet like I thought I was going to pass out.”

Okay, so it blew up her stomach, but how it taste? “It did taste weird,” she said. “I forced swallowed it…. It tasted a little bit like a house cleaner kind of thing.” On the positive side, thankfully Serena Williams is out evaluating high-end dog food so we don’t have to.

In the end, Williams suggested that the menu should include a warning that the food is not meant for consumption by humans. “If you are human – do not eat. It makes you sh*t!! J” she jokingly scrawled on the menu. It’s that fearless attitude that makes her such a fierce competitor!

[h/t The Washington Post]

MORE FROM THE INTERWEBS
Comments