Bacon and kimchi may just be the greatest food pairing on the planet. The combination of sweet and savory is absolute perfection. Burger-ized, this is a total comfort food flavor-bomb.
Spicy Maple Bacon & Kimchi Burgers
Makes 4 burgers
- 8 strips of thick-cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck (80/20)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 cup kimchi (homemade or top quality store-bought)
- 4 burger-sized lettuce leaves
- 4 brioche buns
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.