Avocado Rice: The side dish you didn't know you needed
Let's play a game: Name a food that doesn't taste infinitely better when you add avocado. Can't think of anything? That's because everything does. Including rice. Pair this side dish with tacos, steak, chicken — pretty much anything — to easily upgrade your meal.
This piece originally appeared on PureWow.
Makes 6 servings
Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a large bowl, mash the avocado with the lime zest, lime juice and garlic until relatively smooth. Season with the cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper.
2. Add the brown rice into the avocado mixture, and mix until the rice is well coated.
3. Add the cilantro and mix to combine. Serve immediately.