- Scarlett Johansson's Lifelong Food Dream Realized
- This Paris Highway Will Become a New Scenic Walkway
- Where to Find a Ramen Fix In Europe
- Go Big in Paris at a Reopened Legend
- A French Wine Expert's Favorite $15 Côtes du Rhône
- Paris's New Power Chefs Are Women
- Pierre Hermé Launches Pop-Up Chocolate Bar at Le Royal Monceau, Raffles Paris Hotel
- Restaurateur Gabe Stulman Finds the West Village in Paris
- Paris Neighborhood Guide: 3rd, 10th and 11th Arrondissements
- Paris Neighborhood Guide: 6th and 7th Arrondissements
The chef behind the beloved but now closed Bucato in L.A. is taking over the menu at Ellsworth for one night only.
Tonight, Paris is going to be even more of a food-lover's destination than usual: Los Angeles chef Evan Funke, of the beloved but now closed Bucato, is previewing the menu for his forthcoming restaurant Felix in a pop-up at Paris's hip Ellsworth restaurant. Over the past few days, he’s been busy forming tortelloni and cooking down duck ragu in preparation for the big occasion.
“I’m most excited to see if the way I make pasta is well received by the locals here,” Funke says.
He’s bringing out the big guns, like a near-extinct organic Sicilian black wheat for pasta and pristine Brittany scallops to drape over rice, for his big Italian feast. After connecting through Instagram with Braden Perkins, the chef behind Ellsworth and its older sibling Verjus, Funke thought of popping in Paris as a “no brainer” after a two-week rendezvous to Italy earlier this year.
If you happen to be in Paris, there’s still time to snag a spot at Funke’s seven-course feast tonight by reserving online. If not, sit tight.
“We may have a couple other surprise visits before Felix opens,” Funke hints.
In the mean time, here’s the menu to get a sense of Felix:
Topinambor,burro di latte, nasturzio, Burgamot, diavolicchio pugliese
ricotta, burro fuso
RISO SETTE ANI
Capesante di monte s. Michele
STRASCINATI DI FARINA NERA DI CASTELVETRANO
Sugo di anatra salvatica
trombetti dei morti, sedano, tartufo Nero
PETTO D'ANATRA SALVATICA
Cachi, castagna, acetosa
GELATO DI PISTACCHIO
torta di ricotta, pere da comice