- Where to Eat in Saint-Henri, Montreal's New Restaurant Row
- 5 Ways to Hack a Wine List
- 3 B&Bs to Stay at Now
- 5 Lessons for Surviving Your 20s—and Eating Well Along the Way
- Why You Should Give Red Wine and Sushi a Try
- Why Tahini is Having a Moment
- 3 Persian Foods to Know Now
- 5 Offal Dishes to Try Now
- 5 Rule-Breaking Winemakers to Know
- San Francisco's Restaurant Revival
It’s official: 2017 is all about rum. From classic formulas to bottles that tinker with its time-tested blueprint, here are our current favorites.
1. Albany Distilling Co. A creamy, tropical rum, Quackenbush Still House ($36) pays homage to Albany’s colonial distilleries.
2. Rocker Spirits. This microdistillery in Littleton, Colorado, operates out of a converted garage, but there’s nothing scrappy about the peppery, aged Rocker Rum ($45).
3. District Distilling Co. The Washington, DC, outfit just rolled out its Buzzard Point ($30), a white rum made with panela, a brown sugar.
4. Plantation Rum. Caribbean-based distiller Alexandre Gabriel enlisted cocktail historian David Wondrich to perfect the O.F.T.D., a slightly smoky caramel bomb ($32).
5. Får North Spirits. The Ålander Spiced Rum ($40) from this Minnesota producer, spiked with vanilla and nutmeg, is a perfect base for hot toddies and punch.
6. Maggie's Farm Rum. The rum-focused Pittsburgh distillery is a favorite among local chefs. We love the dark, bold La Revuelta ($35).