- HARIBO Announces New Candy Factory in Wisconsin
- Someone Invented a Cloud That Rains Tequila
- This Airline Is Letting Passengers Use Banned Electronics Until the Last Second
- The 'Impossible' Bleeding Veggie Burger Is About To Be Much Easier To Get
- Big Gay Ice Cream Is Headed to a Freezer Near You
- Blue Apron Gets a Meat Upgrade with Bill Niman Ranch Acquisition
- This Guy Curated a "Passive-Aggressive Art Gallery" of Messes Made By His Roommates
- This Chef Will Use Your Hand For a Plate
- New York's Floating Forest Is Back With Some Exciting Changes
- “Veggie Hate Crime” Laws Are Real And They've Caused Some Problems
Post a selfie with #DrinkGoodDoGood and provide fruits and vegetables to people in food desserts.
While you're fretting about what to do with your backyard bumper crop of cucumbers, 30 million Americans are living in food deserts without access to fresh produce. There is a simple way to help: Grab your favorite fruit or vegetable, take a selfie and post it with #DrinkGoodDoGood. You were going to post a selfie today anyway. With the help of Wholesome Wave, the amazing organization founded by chef Michel Nischan to make healthy food more accessible, Naked Juice will donate 10 pounds of fruits and vegetables for each photo, adding to the 250,000 pounds they've already given this year.
To help get the message out, Wholesome Wave and Naked Juice enlisted ambassadors including Bobby Flay, Adrian Grenier, Tom Colicchio and Common (from left to right above). “Affordable, quality food was hard to come by where I grew up in Chicago,” says rapper and actor Common. "Just taking a selfie puts us one step closer to getting healthy fruit and vegetables to areas that need them.”