- 5 Best-Ever Summer Brunch Cocktails
- 20+ Delicious Emmy Awards Cocktails and Snacks
- The Most Genius Bar Snack
- Rethinking the Bloody Mary
- 11 Boozy Ways to Drink Orange Juice, Beyond the Screwdriver
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate is the Boozy Beverage You Need This Winter
- Test Your Bartending Mettle at Anvil Bar’s Blind Spirits Tasting
- 11 Crazy-Easy Thanksgiving Cocktails
- San Francisco Bar Crawl: Bourbon-Spiked Cappuccino and Turn of the Century Cocktails
- 6 Boozy Ways to Cool Down, from Mimosas to Champagne Shots
© Kate Telfeyan
Zak Pelaccio testing out a burger for Fatty Johnson's.
I was super bummed when I heard that Cabrito, the awesome little West Village Mexican restaurant from chef Zak Pelaccio, was closing. But tomorrow, Pelaccio opens Fatty Johnson’s in the old space. This supercool, pop-up restaurant will have a regularly changing menu that revolves around all things ham. The idea stemmed from a dive bar Pelaccio had dreamed up called Hammy Johnson’s that would only serve whiskey cocktails and ham and butter sandwiches. “Fatty Johnson’s is a slightly more evolved concept … slightly,” says Pelaccio. During its short, six-week life, the space will host different guest bartenders. Cocktail wiz Dave Wondrich will be behind the bar tomorrow for opening night. “We’re not taking it, or ourselves, too seriously—this is just about having fun until the new permanent concept lands at 50 Carmine,” says Pelaccio.