- Liquid Diet: Sommelier Steven Grubbs Quests for the Perfect Pourover
- Cocktail Bars Are Layering Spirits to Create Ultra-Complex New Drinks
- 7 In-Flight Cocktails That Pair Perfectly With Your Destination
- 5 Cocktails to Keep You Warm During Winter Storm Stella
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 5 Mexican Cocktails to Drink on Cinco de Mayo Instead of a Margarita
- A Vegan Solution for Egg White Cocktails
- What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day (If You Don't Love Whiskey or Beer)
- 9 Spring Break Cocktails to Make for a Spring Break Staycation
- 7 Cinco de Mayo Drinks That Aren't Margaritas
© Kate Telfeyan
Zak Pelaccio testing out a burger for Fatty Johnson's.
I was super bummed when I heard that Cabrito, the awesome little West Village Mexican restaurant from chef Zak Pelaccio, was closing. But tomorrow, Pelaccio opens Fatty Johnson’s in the old space. This supercool, pop-up restaurant will have a regularly changing menu that revolves around all things ham. The idea stemmed from a dive bar Pelaccio had dreamed up called Hammy Johnson’s that would only serve whiskey cocktails and ham and butter sandwiches. “Fatty Johnson’s is a slightly more evolved concept … slightly,” says Pelaccio. During its short, six-week life, the space will host different guest bartenders. Cocktail wiz Dave Wondrich will be behind the bar tomorrow for opening night. “We’re not taking it, or ourselves, too seriously—this is just about having fun until the new permanent concept lands at 50 Carmine,” says Pelaccio.