- 5 Lemon Cocktails to Make When Life Takes Your Limes
- Brunch Drinks
- 10 Cocktail and Food Pairings That Belong Together
- Shandy 2.0: Modern Takes on the Simplest Beer Cocktail
- 9 Bright, Vibrant Apricot Cocktails
- Clarified Lime Juice Makes the Coolest Mojito Ever
- Sesame, Mustard and Olive Oils Now Enhancing Cocktails
- 7 End-of-Summer Grape Cocktails
- 6 Fresh and Zingy Spring Cocktails
- 4 Crazy-Convincing Mocktails That Taste Just Like Real Booze
© Kate Telfeyan
Zak Pelaccio testing out a burger for Fatty Johnson's.
I was super bummed when I heard that Cabrito, the awesome little West Village Mexican restaurant from chef Zak Pelaccio, was closing. But tomorrow, Pelaccio opens Fatty Johnson’s in the old space. This supercool, pop-up restaurant will have a regularly changing menu that revolves around all things ham. The idea stemmed from a dive bar Pelaccio had dreamed up called Hammy Johnson’s that would only serve whiskey cocktails and ham and butter sandwiches. “Fatty Johnson’s is a slightly more evolved concept … slightly,” says Pelaccio. During its short, six-week life, the space will host different guest bartenders. Cocktail wiz Dave Wondrich will be behind the bar tomorrow for opening night. “We’re not taking it, or ourselves, too seriously—this is just about having fun until the new permanent concept lands at 50 Carmine,” says Pelaccio.