- 5 Survival Soups
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- James Winberg’s End of the World Plan
- Chris Pandel’s End-of-the-World Pigs
- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
- Why You Should Camp with Canola
- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Dale Talde’s Retro Sugar Fix
- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
Zak Pelaccio is already somewhat prepared for the apocalypse.
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, a la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Zak Pelaccio is already somewhat prepared for the apocalypse. “I have a big backpack!” he says. In it, he would pack lots of lighters and matches, a cast-iron skillet and a leg of lamb. “It’s compact and it’s easy to manage,” Pelaccio says. “You can cut from it over a period of time and break up the muscles, and turn it into several different meals. And slow roast it.” Any room left in his giant backpack would be allotted for wine.