- The Secret to Zahav's Incredible Hummus
- Why You Should Head to Las Vegas for Clam Chowder
- Timon Balloo’s “Fat Boy” Duck & Waffle
- David Guas’s Big Easy Beignets
- This Panna Cotta is an Ode to Fennel
- Andy Ricker’s Amazing All-Meat Thai Salad
- Why a $5,000 Burger Might Be the Best Deal in Las Vegas
- How Joey Campanaro Turns Kitchen Scraps into Delicious Pasta Sauce
- There’s More to This Salmon Crostini Than Meets the Eye
- Anita Lo’s Super-Luxe Foie Gras Soup Dumplings
Not all hazelnuts are created equal.
Not all hazelnuts are created equal. After tasting DuChilly hazelnuts from the Pacific Northwest, pastry chef Hedy Goldsmith of The Cypress Room in Miami knew they deserved their own signature dessert. “They are unlike any other hazelnuts I’ve ever eaten,” she says. She incorporates them into a frozen hazelnut parfait with rich crème fraîche, puffed farro, pickled cherries and dried salted caramel. It’s garnished with ribbons of pickled cherry jelly. “I love playing with flavors and textures and introducing a savory element into desserts,” she says.