- The Vineyard on the Israeli-Palestinian Border
- How to Pair Kale Salad with Wine
- The Ultimate Wine Party Snack
- Salad Dressing Days
- 17 Wine Resolutions for 2017 from Top Sommeliers
- 9 of the Best Wine and Cheese Pairings Ever
- For Champagne, Skip the Flute
- 7 Top Sparkling Wines of 2014
- Pecan Pie in a Glass
- A Cookbook from Italy’s Most Dreamy Resort
© Donna Da Vine
Brooklyn's Donna Da Vine wine shop.
I have a “work hard, eat well” mentality. I’ll run 12 miles or bike two hours, and rather than refuel with a protein shake, I’ll go someplace like ’Fatty Cue and feast on pork spareribs and ’cue coriander bacon. So I was curious when friends invited me to a workout-and-wine-tasting event last week at Donna Da Vine wine shop in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. Personal trainer Leanne Shear meets a group at Cadman Plaza Park and conducts a 45-minute workout with running and some strength training. Afterward, the group goes back to Donna Da Vine for a wine tasting. The first session was such a hit that there are plans to start holding a Bootcamp and Beer version when Donna Da Vine opens its sister shop, highlighting local beers and cheeses, next month.