- A Guide to What's Hot in Piedmont Right Now
- Blue Wine Returns to the Market with One Change
- Here's a New Way to Spend $100,000 on Wine
- What to Drink This Valentine's Day
- Billionaire Jack Ma Buys Bordeaux Vineyard, Plans to Make It a Mini Versailles
- Americans Sure Do Love Their Sweet Red Wine Blends
- Smart Wine Dispenser Learns Your Palate (Sort of)
- This Serbian Artist Paints with Wine
- What It Takes to Become the Best Sommelier in the World
- eBay Gets into the Wine Business
© Donna Da Vine
Brooklyn's Donna Da Vine wine shop.
I have a “work hard, eat well” mentality. I’ll run 12 miles or bike two hours, and rather than refuel with a protein shake, I’ll go someplace like ’Fatty Cue and feast on pork spareribs and ’cue coriander bacon. So I was curious when friends invited me to a workout-and-wine-tasting event last week at Donna Da Vine wine shop in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. Personal trainer Leanne Shear meets a group at Cadman Plaza Park and conducts a 45-minute workout with running and some strength training. Afterward, the group goes back to Donna Da Vine for a wine tasting. The first session was such a hit that there are plans to start holding a Bootcamp and Beer version when Donna Da Vine opens its sister shop, highlighting local beers and cheeses, next month.