- Ray Isle's Sake Buying Guide
- Wine Pairing Guide to Shrimp, Scallops, Crab and Mussels
- Need a Reason to Drink Great Wine?
- Early Look: Fatty Crab St. John
- NYC's Top New Tapas
- Tuna's Perfect Pairing? Try Bordeaux
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- How to Pair Kale Salad with Wine
- Why Would Anyone Drink Old Prosecco?
- 8 Wine and Fish Pairings that Will Go Down Swimmingly
© Donna Da Vine
Brooklyn's Donna Da Vine wine shop.
I have a “work hard, eat well” mentality. I’ll run 12 miles or bike two hours, and rather than refuel with a protein shake, I’ll go someplace like ’Fatty Cue and feast on pork spareribs and ’cue coriander bacon. So I was curious when friends invited me to a workout-and-wine-tasting event last week at Donna Da Vine wine shop in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. Personal trainer Leanne Shear meets a group at Cadman Plaza Park and conducts a 45-minute workout with running and some strength training. Afterward, the group goes back to Donna Da Vine for a wine tasting. The first session was such a hit that there are plans to start holding a Bootcamp and Beer version when Donna Da Vine opens its sister shop, highlighting local beers and cheeses, next month.