- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- 3 Post-Labor Day Rosés to Drink Now
And it’s rosé.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Greg Scheinfeld, co-owner and winemaker of Uproot Wines
What: Nonvintage Sparkling Gruet Rosé from New Mexico
Why: “This wine is sort of a secret, so much so that I’m hesitant to tell you about it. I like things that are different and against the norm and that’s what this represents. It is a delicious and fruity but dry sparkling rosé that comes from New Mexico—which is generally not a sought-after or well-known wine region.”