- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- A Côtes du Rhône for Stews and Roasts
- A Malbec That Speaks French
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Stunning $17 White Burgundy
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
- The German Wine You Probably Never Heard of, but Should Be Drinking
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
And it’s rosé.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Greg Scheinfeld, co-owner and winemaker of Uproot Wines
What: Nonvintage Sparkling Gruet Rosé from New Mexico
Why: “This wine is sort of a secret, so much so that I’m hesitant to tell you about it. I like things that are different and against the norm and that’s what this represents. It is a delicious and fruity but dry sparkling rosé that comes from New Mexico—which is generally not a sought-after or well-known wine region.”