- Here's a New Way to Spend $100,000 on Wine
- Wine Predictions from a Guy Who Sells 42 Million Bottles a Year
- What to Drink This Valentine's Day
- Billionaire Jack Ma Buys Bordeaux Vineyard, Plans to Make It a Mini Versailles
- Americans Sure Do Love Their Sweet Red Wine Blends
- Smart Wine Dispenser Learns Your Palate (Sort of)
- This Serbian Artist Paints with Wine
- What It Takes to Become the Best Sommelier in the World
- eBay Gets into the Wine Business
- Christie Brinkley Just Launched Her Own Prosecco
Marchese Piero della Rocchetta of Italy's famed Sassicaia recently moonlighted as a sommelier at New York City’s A Voce. “It was almost like playing on an NBA basketball team," he said. "Everyone on staff was so in tune with each other.”
What was the biggest challenge of the night?
"Keeping up with wine director Olivier Flosse."
What was the highlight of the night?
"The opening of a magnum of 1988 Sassicaia and a double magnum of Sassicaia from 1996."
Would you consider making the transition to sommelier?
"I'd absolutely do it again. Just like in basketball it comes down to teamwork and following a great leader, Olivier. "