- For Champagne, Skip the Flute
- 7 Top Sparkling Wines of 2014
- How to Pair Kale Salad with Wine
- The Vineyard on the Israeli-Palestinian Border
- Pecan Pie in a Glass
- A Cookbook from Italy’s Most Dreamy Resort
- Ray Isle's Sake Buying Guide
- Wine Pairing Guide to Shrimp, Scallops, Crab and Mussels
- Need a Reason to Drink Great Wine?
- Early Look: Fatty Crab St. John
Marchese Piero della Rocchetta of Italy's famed Sassicaia recently moonlighted as a sommelier at New York City’s A Voce. “It was almost like playing on an NBA basketball team," he said. "Everyone on staff was so in tune with each other.”
What was the biggest challenge of the night?
"Keeping up with wine director Olivier Flosse."
What was the highlight of the night?
"The opening of a magnum of 1988 Sassicaia and a double magnum of Sassicaia from 1996."
Would you consider making the transition to sommelier?
"I'd absolutely do it again. Just like in basketball it comes down to teamwork and following a great leader, Olivier. "