- Why Airlines Will Always Overbook Flights
- Want to Travel More in 2017? Here Are 12 Cheap Trips You Can Take Now
- Another Airline Is Offering $69 Flights to Europe
- A Guide to Florence’s Up-and-Coming Oltrarno Neighborhood
- A Restaurant Guide to London’s Shoreditch
- 5 Ways Technology Will Make Air Travel Better in 2017
- How to Keep Your Money Safe While Traveling
- 19 Bathtubs Around the World With Breathtaking Views
- This Remote Island Is Completely Powered by Solar Energy
- Anthony Bourdain Explores the Culinary Treasures of Brazil's Minas Gerais
Don't stress over summer travel.
This piece originally appeared on Travelandleisure.com.
You may not know it by the weather, but spring is actually here. Which means your summer vacation (should be) right around the corner.
TripAdvisor recently released its "Best Time to Book" report, which suggested that travelers could save an average of 20 percent on hotels around the world by booking at prime times. Still planning your trips for June, July, and August? According to the travel planning and booking site, there are less expensive times to book.
In some cases, travelers could save as much as 55 percent on a hotel room: if their summer holiday was to Moscow, that is. (Interested? Book 4-7 months out for your visit to the Russian capital). Dubai was another destination with significant savings. By booking within two months of your trip, you can score 40 percent off a hotel room.
A European getaway, booked 3-5 months in advance, could be 23 percent below peak prices. Popular cities with even more value include Prague, Paris, Rome, and Barcelona. Here, you could save 27 to 33 percent.
Generally speaking, however, savings are nothing to get too excited about. And they're certainly not worth the stress of changing existing plans. If you're traveling anywhere within the United States, for example, you're only going to find rates seven percent lower than average summer fares if you book within two months of your trip. The same savings can be found in the Caribbean, though the range is wider: you can book within four months of your tropical getaway.