- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
- Guy Savoy’s Luxe Last Meal
- Zak Pelaccio’s Giant End-of-the-World Backpack
- Mike Brown’s Emergency Tortilla Plan
- Chef Russell Moore’s Booze-pocalypse
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- James Winberg’s End of the World Plan
- Chris Pandel’s End-of-the-World Pigs
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
If you're running into the wilderness, don't forget the Canola.
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef Kevin Butler from Iowa City’s Devotay would pack a lot of seeds to grow food, salt for curing any meat he came across and oil to prevent spoilage. “Canola would be perfect to coat food and keep oxygen from getting in there,” he says. “And I’m not very good at making fire, so I would bring a Bic lighter.”