- For Champagne, Skip the Flute
- Oak-Chipped Wine? Not a Bargain
- Aldo Sohm Sniffs the Cork
- Don't Fear the Sulfites
- Sugar-Free Champagne: Trendy and Tasty, But Don't Drink It Alone
- Just Decant It
- How Wine Labels Lie About Alcohol
- Climate Change: The End of Pinot Noir?
- Wine by the Glass: Not Just for Suckers
- The Value Wine That Costs $100
Ever wondered where the experts stand on the best wine practices and controversies? In this series, wine blogger, teacher and author Tyler Colman (a. k. a. Dr. Vino) delivers a final judgement.
Don’t you think it’s smarter to buy wine by the case rather than one bottle at a time? Most stores offer a discount on purchases of 12 bottles or more. Also, local delivery is often free or close to free, so someone else can do the heavy lifting for you. One caveat: shop around. A 10 percent discount at a pricey store may sound good, but still mean a more expensive bottle than one from a retailer who charges less to start with.