- The Fastest Way to Chill Wine
- Aldo Sohm Sniffs the Cork
- Why You Should Ask for Boxed Wine
- Wine by the Glass: Not Just for Suckers
- High-Proof Pinot: Brilliant or Bogus?
- The Value Wine That Costs $100
- Just Say No to Nouveau
- Champagne's Great Growers
- Seriously, Don't Sniff the Cork
- Americans Drink Plenty of Wine, but Vatican Citizens Drink More
Ever wondered where the experts stand on the best wine practices and controversies? In this series, wine blogger, teacher and author Tyler Colman (a. k. a. Dr. Vino) delivers a final judgement.
Don’t you think it’s smarter to buy wine by the case rather than one bottle at a time? Most stores offer a discount on purchases of 12 bottles or more. Also, local delivery is often free or close to free, so someone else can do the heavy lifting for you. One caveat: shop around. A 10 percent discount at a pricey store may sound good, but still mean a more expensive bottle than one from a retailer who charges less to start with.