- Americans Don't Trust What Scientists Say About Genetically Modified Food
- Inside Amazon's New Human-Free Grocery Store
- You Can't Put Melania Trump's Face on a Cake in Slovenia
- Elite Sushi Chef to Join Trump Hotel After Other Star Chefs Back Out
- Nestlé on a Mission to Make a Healthier Kind of Sugar
- Dominique Ansel's Cereal Is Alarmingly Delicious
- How That Roy Choi Gilmore Girls Cameo Came About
- Marcus Samuelsson is Now Offering Room Service
- Dominique Ansel's London
- The Great American Baking Show Returns to TV
It's not just a vampire deterrent.
Last week, people were rubbing onions on their eyebrows. This week, they’re rubbing garlic on their faces. Why? Instagram beauty “gurus” swear that rubbing a slice of garlic on a pimple will make it disappear instantly.
How does it work? As ‘grammer Farah Dhukai recently instructed in a post: “Take a clove of garlic and make some cuts in it to extract some garlic juice. Rub the garlic on any pimples that you may have…It’ll be gone instantly and won’t come back.”
But will it actually do anything? Delish spoke to dermatologist Dr. Amy Wechsler who said, yes, it actually might help clear up a zit. “Allicin is the active ingredient in garlic,” she said. “Allicin has anti-inflammatory properties, so it's possible that applying some could take down the inflammation."
If you're intrigued, just don't try it at Buckingham Palace.