- Why You Should Be Drinking Your Own Homemade Vermouth All Spring
- If You're Going to Drink Something Green on St. Patrick's Day, Make it Chartreuse
- Flowery Cocktails for Bridal Showers
- 7 Ways to Transform the Appletini into a Respectable Cocktail
- The Best Canned Wines for Undercover Drinking on New Year's Eve
- 9 Margaritas to Drink With Your Friends on Valentine's Day
- 7 Low Alcohol Cocktails To Drink All Day Long on Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Make an Ultra-Springy Pimm's Cup
- 9 Gins to Try for World Gin Day
- 5 Better Ways to Take New Year's Eve Shots
It's all in the name of eating more sweets.
If you drink a green juice with a gooey, chocolatey, pretzel-y slice of Candy Bar Pie, do they cancel each other out? Now you can try it. Christina Tosi, the woman who brought the world Crack Pie and Cereal Milk soft serve, among other delightfully over-the-top treats, is taking on a slightly healthier project: fresh-pressed juices. The first three flavors—Real Talk, Hard Body and High Kick—are available in New York City Milk Bar locations this week.
It might seem like an unexpected venture from the queen of sweets, but LIFE, Tosi's new breakfast, lunch and juice line, is actually inspired by Tosi's lifelong quest to eat as many cookies and cakes as possible. "Between a crack pie tasting, or while snacking on compost cookies, you'll find most of us chugging green juice," Tosi says. "It gives us the good stuff to keep bouncing around the kitchen." The Milk Bar team decided to bring their healthy between-treats fuel to the masses, so we can all eat more cookies and get our nutrients, too.
Should people drink the super-fresh juices with their funfetti-style birthday cake? Tosi supports the idea. "I'm definitely a cornflake-chocolate-chip-marshmallow-cookie and a juice gal," she confesses. So go ahead: Pick up a juice along with your compost cookie (Tosi recommends the carrot/apple/lemon/ginger High Kick—after drinking it, she says, "I'm ready to run around doing a bunch of high kicks!"). "We're all about indulgence; that's no secret," Tosi adds, "but we're the kind of guys and gals who set out each day to crush life"—thanks to a sugar rush, plus a little extra fresh-juice fuel.