- Gentiane Can Give Your Negroni a Makeover
- Start Your V-Day by Getting Whacked in the Face With a Dozen Roses
- Ski into a Pine Tree with Zirbenz
- The Best Thing to Come Out of Vermont Since Maple Syrup
- Cool Down with Fiery Water
- Napa’s Other Export
- The Secret to Best-Ever Tiki Drinks
- Look Out Campari, Here Comes Gran Classico
- Can’t Get Malört? Drink Bësk
- You’ve Never Tasted Anything Like Baijiu
The perfect pairing for pea soup Thursdays in Stockholm.
Kronan Swedish Punsch
What It Is: For rum drinkers who want to up the ante, Sweden (of all places) makes this blend of sugar cane spirits, primarily Batavia Arrack, a southeast Asian spirit imported at one time by the Swedish East India Company and mixed by sailors with West Indian rum and spices.
What It’s Like: Swedish Punsch is somewhat like a sweeter, funkier, smokier rum.
How to Drink It: It is perfect chilled with lime in the classic, long-forgotten “Dr. Cocktail.” Or enjoy it slightly warmed on a cold winter night in Stockholm, where it is often drunk with pea soup on Thursdays.