- 7 Non-Traditional Ways to Serve Turkey at Thanksgiving
- 10 Ways to Use Kale
- Ultimate Parker House Rolls
- Arepas: The Ultimate Culinary Vehicle
- Emeril Lagasse’s Bacony Sauteed Radishes
- The Best Trick for Cooking Button Mushrooms
- A Chef's Incredible 4-Ingredient Secret Sauce
- 7 Cheap and Extremely Delicious Beef Off-Cuts
- NYC Loves Chilaquiles
- Andrew Zimmern’s Chopped Chicken Liver for Hanukkah
As snowfall continues to blanket much of the East Coast, distinct snow personalities are emerging. Here, an (unscientific) survey, and our recipe suggestions for each:
Personality: The Powder Fiend
First thought: Sledding!
Recipe suggestions: Hot chocolate to take along in a thermos including an ultrarich version topped with coconut cream, plus portable sandwiches like pita bread stuffed with deviled egg salad and strips of steak.
Personality: The Aesthete
First thought: How gorgeous!
Recipe suggestions: Stunning all-white dishes to match the snow like a decadent cauliflower puree made with both cream and butter and a chicken-and-almond stir-fry.
Personality: The Hermit
First thought: Let me hibernate!
Recipe suggestions: Dishes that make ingenious use of pantry staples like a chunky chickpea dip or figs in a blanket (dried figs stuffed with nuts and wrapped in slices of prosciutto).