- Watch Alan Rickman Make a Cup of Tea
- Chef José Andrés Thinks Beets Are Sexy
- The Science Behind Letting Meat Rest After Cooking
- Video: Gail Simmons Finds an Epic Meal in Palm Springs
- Watch: Chris Cosentino's Offal Odyssey in Hong Kong
- Could Roy Choi’s Tacos Win Los Angeles the 2024 Olympics?
- Video: Rick Bayless Makes the Ultimate 4/20 Tacos
- WATCH: Anthony Bourdain Explores Manila in the New Season of Parts Unknown
- The Ultimate Triple-Egg Breakfast
- Watch: How to Make Hot Pot at Home
If you want to halve the time it takes to roast or grill a whole chicken, there’s one surefire technique: spatchcock it.
If you want to halve the time it takes to roast or grill a whole chicken, there’s one surefire technique: spatchcock it. Also known as butterflying, spatchcocking is when a butcher, chef or pro home cook (like you) removes a chicken’s backbone so that it lays flat. It’s a skill every poultry lover should know and master.
In the clip above, watch chef Paul Kahan demonstrate how to spatchcock a chicken like an expert for super-fast cooking.
Panna is where extraordinary recipes lead to extraordinary results. Get your FREE issue of Panna here and discover our collection of step-by-step video recipes from master chefs, plus culinary tips, cocktails and more. Craft successful, delicious meals, every time. Discover Panna. Discover the chef in you.