- What to Drink with Latkes
- 9 of the Best Wine and Cheese Pairings Ever
- What to Pair with Juicy, Medium-Bodied Reds
- What to Pair with Ripe, Full-Bodied Whites
- Tuna's Perfect Pairing? Try Bordeaux
- What to Pair with Lively, Citrusy, Light-Bodied Whites
- What to Pair with Structured, Rich, Full-Bodied Reds
For F&W's simplest pairing guide ever, we placed wines into five basic categories. Here's what to pair with all kinds of sparkling whites.
For F&W's simplest pairing guide ever, we placed wines into five basic categories. Then star chef Hugh Acheson gave us excellent, easy recipes to match.
Wines: Champagne, Prosecco, Cava, Crémant, American sparklers, Lambrusco
There is very little in life that's more satisfying than fried chicken with Champagne—other than pizza with Lambrusco. But the truth is, sparkling wine is capable of brilliant matches far beyond fried chicken and pizza. In fact, it goes better with a greater variety of dishes than any other wine. More substantial sparkling wines, such as rosés, can even work with meaty main courses, like the veal meatballs here.