- What to Drink with Latkes
- 9 of the Best Wine and Cheese Pairings Ever
- What to Pair with Refreshing, Versatile Sparkling Wines
- What to Pair with Ripe, Full-Bodied Whites
- Tuna's Perfect Pairing? Try Bordeaux
- What to Pair with Structured, Rich, Full-Bodied Reds
- What to Pair with Juicy, Medium-Bodied Reds
Here, the best foods to pair with light-bodied white wines like Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadet, Albarino, Gruner Veltliner and Vinho Verde.
For F&W's simplest pairing guide ever, we placed wines into five basic categories. Then star chef Hugh Acheson gave us excellent, easy recipes to match.
Wines: Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadet, Albariño, Vinho Verde, Grüner Veltliner
These tangy, unoaked wines wake up your taste buds and make your mouth water. They are the fluorescent-yellow highlighters of the wine world, perking up dishes that might otherwise seem bland. Plus, they're the only wines that work with dishes that already have amped-up acidity, like this endive-grapefruit salad. One tip: Always make sure the wine is at least as tart as the food; otherwise, what's in your glass will lose all of its flavor.